Top three most common issues:
- Outdated software on your site
- Conflict with your theme
- Conflict with another plugin – caching, speed optimization and plugins that modify the “Add to cart” button are the most common.
- Make sure your server’s PHP version is above 7.0.
- Make sure you are using the most updated versions of Caddy, WordPress & your theme.
- If you have a caching / speed optimization plugin, make sure you purge the cache.
- Important: Make a complete backup of your site before trying any of the below suggestions.
To troubleshoot theme and plugin conflicts:
- Deactivate all your plugins besides Caddy (and Caddy Premium). If this solves the problem, gradually activate your plugins one by one, until you spot the problematic plugin.
- Change your WordPress theme (temporarily) to WordPress Twenty Twenty Two (or other default WordPress theme).
- Check Chrome developer tools for any errors in the browser.
- Check your WordPress debug.log for any errors related to Caddy.
CSS/JS minification plugins
If you’re running a CSS/JS minification plugin such as WP Rocket or Siteground Optimizer, sometimes these plugins can cause issues loading Caddy’s JS or CSS files. You can try excluding Caddy’s CSS and/or JS files.
For WP Rocket specifically, you can try to add the following
If you have followed all these steps and you’re still encountering difficulties, please contact us following these steps:
- Describe the issue and what led to it.
- Please be as accurate and detailed as possible.
- Include screenshots and / or a loom.com video.
- If you suspect the issue was caused by the theme or plugin you are using, please attach the name + URL of the theme/plugin.